2023 Rules and Overview – 2024 INFO NOT PROVIDED YET
2023 Irene Ryan Guidelines and Overview
Intent to Participate Deadline: January 15, 2023. (https://kcactf-8.org/programs/irene-ryan-intent-to-participate/)
Self-Tape Preliminary Round Submissions via Airtable: January 15th-January 31st.
*Please note…nominees will receive the Airtable link for self-tape submissions once Intent is submitted.
Please watch video ABOVE for more tips on your preliminary round self-tape. Here is a link to video as well: https://vimeo.com/787232984
2023 IRENE RYAN ROUNDS UPDATED INFORMATION:
- Preliminary Round: 2 contrasting monologues, time limit of 3 minutes total.
- Self-Tape (Recorded) submission via Airtable. Link will be available January 15th and emailed to you once you submit Intent.
- Students (nominee and future partner) must have a paid registration to submit self-tape video. Partner’s name will be submitted in Intent to Participate.
- NO EDITING within the tape. So, one take, which includes introduction, and both monologues. No editing in between monologues or in between intro and monologues.
- Do not mention your school name in your introduction.
- Focal point for introduction should be to camera. Focal points for monologues is up to performer.
- A featured workshop track will be highlighted at the festival for those students who don’t advance to semis. This track will consist of special workshops and opportunities for showcasing prepared material.
- NPP will also be using students who are interested in the Ten Minute Play Festival.
- Students will receive feedback from the Semi-Final Round Respondents at Festival.
- Students will receive feedback from the Final Round Respondents.
ROYALTIES & PERMISSIONS:
The link on the REGION 8 Webpage isn’t working well, so here is a direct link to the Nationals Page:
Any questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Irene Ryan Scholarship Auditions Co-Directors:
Vanessa Mizzone Pellegrini
East Los Angeles College
Since 1972, the Irene Ryan Foundation of Encino, California, has awarded scholarships to the outstanding student performers at each regional festival. These scholarships are made possible by the generosity of the late Irene Ryan, who is best remembered for her portrayal of the lovable and feisty ‘Granny Clampett’ in The Beverly Hillbillies. All student actors in both Participating and Associate productions are eligible for consideration for the $500 regional scholarships
The Irene Ryan Scholarships provide recognition, honor, and financial assistance to outstanding student performers wishing to pursue further education. The Irene Ryan Foundation awards 8 regional awards and two national scholarships annually. There are two scholarships of $3,500 each for the winners at the national festival in Washington, D.C.